Thursday, July 16, 2009

"Di, quick hold Mum!" my sis anxiously pulled my hand towards mum to lean as a support.
"Hold on to Mum ok, i go and made a phone call to Dad!" she instructed calmly...
I panicky asked "Jie, how? What i'm going to do?"
"Just wait!" She impatiently screamed..."Orh...ok ok" i answer unwillingly and looked away...
I turned to Mum, " Ma, you ok? you are in pain?"
Mum reply me in her assurance tone "Don't worry, i'm fine"
At this point Sis returned, in her look-alike commanding style, she in her steady manner " Ok Di, Dad is not answering the call, and it emergency now. We take a cab, then i will leave you with neighbour and Dad will fetch you later, meanwhile i rushed Mum to hospital...ok"
"Orh..." me again
"But...Jie...why Mum in pain....?" I persisted
" Aiyah...Baby Siong Siong coming out lah!" she happily told me....
It was 26 October 1987, Sis was only 10 years old, and me only 8 years old. We were on the way to market in Chong Pang in the morning, when mum felt that she was about to deliver. A young boy at that time could not comprehend some of the events, but remembering it was not difficult.
Sis took Mum to Mount Elizabeth where the opening chapter of Baby Siong Siong life began later in the day.
20 years down the road, 27 Jul 08 we too took Mum to hospital, but it TTSH....for a heart breaking closing chapter of our dear Brother Siong Siong......
We missed You, Siong
Kor Kor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home